FAQs : General
Can I pay with a Credit Card?
- Yes! Rowing Dock now accepts credit cards. We also like cash.
Do you have changing facilities?
- Yes, we offer a large, clean portable restroom for changing.
Do you have lockers?
- No, we do not have lockers; we suggest keeping all valuables at home or locked in the trunk of your car. We can hold your keys at the rental hut. Small dry bags are available for rent to keep cameras, keys and cell phones dry and safe while on the water.
FAQs : Rentals
Are kayaks safe? Do I need to have experience?
- Our kayaks are very stable boats and are great for a wide range of ages. The boats are designed for inexperienced kayakers and are virtually “untippable.”
Do you have canoes?
- Yes, we offer canoes for rent.
Do I need to be in shape to rent a kayak or a paddle boat?
- Kayaking and paddle boating do require physical work, but participants do not have to regularly exercise to enjoy their experience. Renters of all sizes and ages regularly experience Lady Bird Lake in our boats.
Do I need to bring anything with me to rent a boat?
- We provide paddles and life preservers for each renter. We suggest you bring water, sunscreen- As well as, credit/debit card and a driver’s license to use as a rental deposit.
Do you rent paddle boards?
- Yes, we rent paddle boards to those 13 years of age and older, with no membership or experience required. Paddlers between the ages of 13-16 MUST have a parent present on the water in order to paddle board.
Will I fall off of my paddle board?
- You might, but most paddle boarders do not. As we like to say, don’t expect to fall in, but be prepared to fall in (leave behind anything you don’t want to get wet). In the case that you do fall off your board, do not linger in the water. It is very easy to get back on the SUP boards from the water.
Do you offer paddle board memberships?
Do I need a reservation?
- All rentals are on a first come, first serve basis. We do not accept reservations. Click here for group rentals.
Do you have storage for kayaks?
- No, unfortunately we do not have space available right now. However, we are keeping a list of interested boat-owners, just in case we expand.
Do you sell drinks?
- Yes, we sell cold bottled water for $1, and Gatorade for $2.