what is SUP?
SUP (Stand Up Paddling) is the fastest growing water sport in the world! It’s the latest craze to sweep the waterways creating a buzz and earning a reputation as a walk-on-water phenomenon. A uniquely soulful experience, SUP is great for youth, athletes, and grandparents alike!
SUP is a hybrid sport that utilizes lower, mid, and upper body muscle groups providing one of the best core work-outs available. The low-impact core training is one of the fundamental reasons why SUP has gained so much momentum and popularity throughout the world!
stand up paddle board rental guidelines
Rowing Dock brings you the best boards in Texas! We have a range of boards available, wether you’re a SUP newbie or an experienced paddler. All SUP participants are required to follow our rental rules and guidelines:
- Reminder – Everyone MUST have a life jacket at all times.
- The ankle leash must be worn at all times.
- Renters must start and finish on knees while within 15 feet from the dock.
- No boarding past the tip of Red Bud Island.
- Protect equipment – Avoid shallow water where fin could drag or break. No “beaching” the board, except in emergency. Use paddles with care. Do not use paddle to push off rock or debris.
- Minors 12-17 years of age may paddle board only if a parent is on the water and will be next to the minor for duration of the rental. (Children under 12 may not paddle board.)
- Only one person per paddle board.
- No dogs or other pets on paddle boards.
- Paddle boards must yield to rowers. Stay to the right.
- If caught in high winds, lie on stomach or knees and paddle to safety.