IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Call 911 in case of emergency or if you become aware of an accident or distressed boat or boater.
LIFE JACKETS: Each person must have a life jacket on board. Children under the age of 15 years must wear a life jacket at all times.
TRAFFIC PATTERNS (STAY TO THE RIGHT): Always obey lake traffic pattern rules:
CAPSIZED OR SWAMPED BOATS: Do not abandon the boat. Lift yourself back into the boat. If unsuccessful, stay with boat until assistance arrives, or kick the boat to shore.
BEING PASSED: Move toward the shore when being passed. Stay clear.
ACCIDENTS AND ASSISTANCE: If you are involved in a boating accident, Texas law requires that the operator of the vessel stop and render aid, unless the action endangers the operator’s own vessel or the persons on board.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES & SMOKING are NOT permitted.
WINDY DAYS: Paddle into the wind heading out, and with the wind to return. If having difficulty, paddle closer to the shore; trees help block wind.
LIGHTNING OR FOG: No boats may launch if there is lightning, thunder, or if fog is too dense to clearly see the opposite shore.
IF CAUGHT IN STORM: Seek shelter immediately.
1) Reminder – Everyone MUST have a life jacket at all times.
2) The ankle leash must be worn at all times.
3) Renters must start and finish on knees while within 15 feet from the dock.
4) No boarding past the tip of Red Bud Island.
5) Protect equipment – Avoid shallow water where fin could drag or break. No “beaching” the board, except in emergency. Use paddles with care. Do not use paddle to push off rock or debris.
6) Minors 12-17 years of age may paddle board only if a parent is on the water and will be next to the minor for duration of the rental. (Children under 12 may not paddle board.)
7) Only one person per paddle board.
8 ) No dogs or other pets on paddle boards.
9) Paddle boards must yield to rowers. Stay to the right.
10) If caught in high winds, lie on stomach or knees and paddle to safety.
Paddle Boats must stay WEST of the Rowing Dock facility. Paddle Boats will not be rented on windy days. Paddle Boats MUST yield to rowers under all circumstances. Paddle Boats MUST remain balanced, with either 2 or 4 passengers.