Rowing Dock is the best spot to access and enjoy Lady Bird Lake. Your adventure is up to you! Travel west towards Red Bud Isle, Tom Miller Dam, and the peaceful, nature-filled ‘West End’, or head east to the heart of downtown Austin, navigate through bridges, be dazzled by the scenic skyline, or explore the Barton Creek inlet.
To rent, visit Rowing Dock during open rental hours and our friendly staff will help you get on the water. Don’t forget to review our rental guidelines below. Simple as that!
NEW POLICY 6/28/13: We require three things to rent: A completed rental waiver, a current driver’s license (or government issued ID), and a credit card deposit. We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover. We can happily hold your keys while you are out on the water.
- We require three things to rent: A completed rental waiver, a current driver’s license (or government issued ID), and a credit card deposit. We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover. We can happily hold your keys while you are out on the water.
- All participants must review our Rules and Regulations posted at the dock.
- Rental rates are by the hour. We charge the first hour up front, and any extra time is charged upon your return.
- We do not accept reservations. All rentals are first come, first serve.
- We cannot hold valuables at the rental hut (except keys). Leave all valuables locked out of sight in vehicle.
- We rent dry bags of various sizes for $1 and $3. They can fit credit cards, phones, cameras, and other small items.
- All of the boats are virtually “un-tippable,” simple to maneuver, and lots of fun!
- All ages are welcome and rental boats and boards are easy to use even for beginners.
- Easy parking is available in our huge gravel lot.
- Lifejackets and paddles are included.
- All participants must sign a waiver. Minors must be signed for by a parent/guardian.
- Save time! Prepare your rental waiver beforehand! Only one form is needed per rental party. Rental Waiver